How do I create Initial Nitrogen point layers?
The Initial Nitrogen Point layer is an easy way to set up testing points for field sampling. It creates the layer in a format that imports data automatically from the lab and allows the data to flow through into Nitrogen.
- Valid field boundaries.
- If there is an Initial Nitrogen Point layer from a previous year, rename the layer to avoid errors in processing.
To create a layer:
- Select the field for which the layer is needed in the domain tree.
- From the Layer menu, choose Create a new layer.
- Select Create a new site layer.
- Click Load Template.
- Select the 2021 Initial Nitrogen Points option from the list.
Note: The year changes with every new crop year.
- In the New Layer window, enter the Collected Date and Lab.
- Click OK to create the layer
To add sample points to the layer:
- Select the 2021 Initial Nitrogen Points layer from the domain tree.
- From the Layer menu, select Layer Editor.
- Click New Site.
- Using the crosshairs, designate locations for sample points by clicking on the map.
Sample numbers are assigned automatically in the order of clicks.
- Click Save and close the Layer Editor.