How do I create a crop zone boundary in Field360 Studio?
Crop zone boundaries in Field360 Studio are year-specific regions used to indicate where a crop was planted within a field boundary. When a new crop zone is created in the current crop year, the crop zone boundary typically matches the field boundary.
Note: If a field is modified, split, or merged after a crop zone is created a red or orange field boundary icon appears in the domain tree.
- Navigate to the Operation and Crop Year.
- Select the Field in the domain tree to place the new crop zone.
- Click Setup and select New CropZone.
- The Crop Zone Properties window is now displayed
- Select the appropriate Crop that is to be placed on the field
- Verify that the Commodity type is correct
- Note: We define Crop by what is planted and Commodity by what is Harvested (i.e. the Corn Crop might yield Silage or Grain)
- The Name and ID fields will default to the Crop type.
- Sequence will default to 1 and remain unchanged unless multiple crops will be planted using the same crop zone.
- Reported Area defaults to the measured area and is editable to what is reported by the grower.
- Click OK
- The new crop zone will be displayed in the domain tree
How do I add or edit farms and fields in Field360 Studio?