How do I remove sections of a field boundary in Field360 Studio?
Field Boundaries play an important role in all aspects of Field360 Studio. Review the field boundaries each year as early as possible to avoid issues later in the year. Field360 Studio has boundary editing options that are not available in Field Planner. Use this process to remove unwanted sections of a field boundary.
This guide focuses on cutting polygons from a field boundary. To remove enclosed holes such as lakes or ponds, please see How do I Remove Holes From Field Boundaries?
- Field360 Studio is an internal program available to Pioneer employees.
- Operation is created in Connex.
- To create a new Operation or add an existing operation to your Operation list, contact your Territory Manager, who will work with NAO Master Data to have the Operation added to your AAR.
- Note: Updating Field Boundaries may not automatically update crop zones or field-level layers such as Decision Zones
- Note: Because Field Boundary changes may affect Encirca Decision Zones layers, Yield Targets need to be updated and Nitrogen or Fertility Application Plans may need to be re-applied.
- Note: Editing a boundary changes how the boundary displays in ALL crop years, not only the year selected.
- In the Grower window, select the Operation and Crop Year.
- In the Resources window, Expand the farm and select the field from the domain tree.
- Expand the Farm and select the Field from the Domain Tree.
- On the Map toolbar, click the Editor icon and select Boundary Editor.
- Note: Tools appear at the top of the map. The field boundary appears on the map outlined with red or green. The red lines indicate an exterior boundary and the green lines indicate an interior boundary.
- Click within the boundary to select a polygon.
- On the Boundary Editor toolbar, click the Split polygon tool.
- Click outside of the boundary to cut and continue to click to draw the shape to be removed.
- Ensure that the cross hairs are outside of the field boundary and double-click to finish.
- Select the region to delete. It highlights in purple.
- Click the Delete polygon tool.
- Note: Do not delete polygons that have present or past data associated with them. This can cause data to be deleted from the database. Deleted data cannot be recovered. Unlink data before proceeding, and link the data when the process is done for each year.
- Reverse changes by clicking the Undo tool before saving. Click Undo multiple times to undo multiple changes.
- Click Save in the Boundary Editor toolbar
- Click Close.
- Click Yes to update crop zone boundaries.
How do I create, edit, and remove boundaries in Field360 Studio?
How do I Split a Field Boundary into Two Fields in Field360 Studio?
How do I merge two Field Boundaries in Field360 Studio?
How do I Remove Holes from a Field Boundary in Field360 Studio?