How do I link data from a monitor to a trials layer for analysis?
Trials Linker is a utility in Field360 Studio that links data from a monitor to a trials layer so the data can be analyzed. A TRIALS Layer must be created from harvest information and associated with each entry in the trial.
- A trial layer created under the crop zone
- Experiment location assigned a Business Partner ID (BPID) and Operation in Trials Data Entry
Note: Contact your Pioneer sales representative to obtain an Encirca BPID.
- On the TRIALS menu, select TRIALS Linker.
- In the TRIALS Linker window, select the Experiment Name and Trial ID to link to the field.
- In the Resources window, select the field and crop zone to link to the trial.
Note: The Field’s Crop Zone must match the Experiment’s crop.
- In the TRIALS Linker window, click Link Trial.
- In the TRIALS Linker window, the Farm and Field names now populate with the name of the field in which the selected trial is located.
After yield monitor data is available for the linked crop zone in Field360 Studio, a Trial Layer can be created. The LoadVar attribute shows a different polygon on the map for each load or variety that was uniquely distinguished on the yield monitor.
- Click Link Trial Strip.
- Click the sign next to the Experiment Name to link to yield data.
- Select the entry row to link to the TRIAL layer on the map.
- Hover the crosshairs over the strip in the field to link to and click the left mouse button once.
- Repeat the previous steps to link all strips.
If you make a mistake, use Erase Trial Strip Link to unlink strips on the map from strips in the TRIALS Linker window.
- When all strips are linked correctly, click Send to Reporting.
- Confirm that linking strips to polygons is complete and the trial is ready to send data to reporting.