How do I run a nitrogen simulation?
Nitrogen creates variable-rate nitrogen prescriptions for premium-enrolled fields and predicts crop growth based on modeled nitrogen availability for both pro- and premium-enrolled fields. Once all inputs are in place, running a nitrogen simulation generates these prescriptions and predictions.
Note: Nightly Nitrogen Simulations - Using weather services, enrolled fields with nitrogen applications automatically receive an updated simulation for current levels and VT/R1 nitrogen needs. You do not need to re-run simulations unless you change applied applications. You do need to update variable-rate prescriptions (Run RX).
- Premium account must be created.
- Farms and field boundaries created
- Crop Zones assigned
- Enrollment in nitrogen pro or premium
- Products Placed
- Yield Targets assigned
- Nitrogen Plan Templates created
- Nitrogen Plan Template assigned to a field as a Nitrogen Plan
- In the search bar located at the top of any page on the website, load the Operation and select the current Crop Year.
- From any page on the website, click the Apps Launcher .
- Select Nitrogen 2.0.
- On the grid, click the arrow in the Select column to view the nitrogen plans applied to fields enrolled at the Premium level.
- Select the radial button next to the applied plan to simulate.
- Select Run Sim.
- Note: Clicking Run Simulation provides an estimate of soil nitrogen levels. The Run Simulation calculation uses the applications planned for the field (variable-rate or flat rate) and considers weather, soils, irrigation, fertigation, and fertility applications.
- Watch for a message at the bottom that reports whether the simulation completed.
- View changes to the Current, VT/R1, and Success at VT/R1 values on the grid.
- For Premium-enrolled Fields, click Details in the Field Boundary column and select Current or VT/R1 on the map legend to view simulation results.
What do my nitrogen simulation results mean?
How do I use the Season Chart tab in Nitrogen to view application events and forecasted nitrogen availability?
How do I unzip a prescription file?