How do I use the Season Chart tab in Nitrogen to view application events and forecasted nitrogen availability?
For premium nitrogen customers, the season chart includes a detailed picture of the inputs being considered by the nitrogen model, as well as the forecasted nitrogen availability throughout the growing season, up until tassel (VT/R1).
- An account setup in Corteva Fields
- Farms and field boundaries created
- Crop Zones assigned
- Enrollment in nitrogen premium
- Products Placed
- Yield Targets assigned
- Nitrogen Plan Templates created
- Nitrogen Plan Template assigned to a field as a Nitrogen Plan
- Nitrogen Simulation ran using Run Sim.
- In the search bar located at the top of any page on the Encirca site, load the Operation and select the current Crop Year.
- From any page on the Encirca Site, click the Apps Launcher
- Select Nitrogen 2.0.
- Click Details in the Field Boundary column for the selected field .
- Click the Season Chart tab.
- In the panel on the left in the Farm/Field section, view details about the farm, field, number of acres, yield goal, previous crop, nitrogen plan and cost, well nitrate, and fertigation for the selected crop zone.
- Note: For crop zones that have an irrigation layer defined in Pioneer® Field360 Studio™, fertigation and nitrate events apply only to decision zones that have the irrigation layer defined. When a crop zone has no irrigation layer, the fertigation and nitrate event applies to all decision zones.
- In the Nitrogen at VT/R1 section on the left, estimated soil nitrogen at VT/R1, the target amount of nitrogen needed, and whether there is an estimated surplus or deficiency of nitrogen at growth stage VT/R1.
- In the Water section on the left, view the Precipitation and Irrigation information for the selected crop zone.
- Click the information button above the chart to view details about the chart shading.
- Various Icons on the Season chart indicate events and factors that affect the nitrogen model:
- View the current date on the orange vertical line.
- Hover over the blue vertical lines at the bottom of the chart to view irrigation events.
- Hover over the vertical dotted line to view details about the Initial Nitrogen on the selected crop zone.
- Hover over the orange P marker to view the planned planting date.
- Hover over the green N application event marker to view the type of nitrogen applied, rate, and application date.
- Hover over the green M event marker to view the manure application event date, type of manure applied, and rate.
- Hover over the green F event market to view a fertilizer application event from Fertility where the potassium or phosphorus fertilizer product contained nitrogen
- Hover over the purple N event marker to view the date and amount of nitrogen applied during an irrigation event (fertigation). In the Farm/Field section of the left panel, view the pounds per acre of nitrogen added during fertigation events.
- Hover over the solid line to view the modeled soil nitrogen level.
- Hover over the dotted line to view the forecasted soil nitrogen level.
- Hover over the black compass icon to view the targeted N level at Vt/R1.
- Hover over the light blue or dark blue risk shading borders to view historical weather percentiles for soil nitrogen. The light-blue shading shows the weather risk between 10 and 90 percent. The dark-blue shading shows the weather risk between 25 and 75 percent.
- Select the Vt/R1 map, Rx map, or Current Levels Map to navigate to these services for the same field.
- Select a new field name from the top navigation bar to load a new enrolled field in the season chart.
- Click the X next to the field name in the top navigation bar to exit the Season Chart and return to the nitrogen grid.
How do I enroll a customer in Corteva Fields Nitrogen?
How do I create a Nitrogen Plan Template?
How do I place a nitrogen plan on a field?