How do I customize soil test point layers?
This guide explains options for editing and exporting Encirca Soil Test Layers.
- Farms and field boundaries created.
- Crop Zones assigned.
- Set up a Sampling Crew.
- Encirca Soil Test Layer created.
Use a Grid to Automatically set set sample point locations:
- With Encirca Soil Test Layer selected in the field, click the Layers menu.
- Select Layer Editor.
- Click the Show Grid button to generate a grid of points across the field.
- Optionally adjust the Cell Size (330’ x 330’ = 2.5 acres).
- Use the Move Grid tool to move the grid.
- Click again to turn off the tool.
- Click the Snap Grid button to save the point locations.
- Click Save to save the sample points.
Use Multilayer Overlay to Guide Sample Point Placement:
- Click the View menu and select MultiLayer Overlay to activate a background layer (for example, for guiding sample points).
- In the MultiLayer Overlay window, select the layers you want to turn on in the background.
- To move the sample points, click a point entry and select the Move Site button .
- Click the active point and move it to the desired location.
- Click Save.
To export sample points:
Note: Use this functionality if you are using a third-party mapping software. You do not need these steps if you are using AgStudio MAP.
- Right-click the Encirca Soil Test Layer from the Resource tree
- Select Export and then Export Layers.
- Navigate to the location where you want to store the sample points.
- Enter a file name.
- Select a type (shape file or KML are common, KML for Google Earth).
How do I set up a Sampling Crew?
How do I Create Soil Test Point Layers?
How do I create a sampling work order?
How do I use the AgStudio Map App to Collect Soil Samples?
What are the Standards for Soil Test Analysis?
What are the Soil Test Layer Attribute Standards?