Is soil temperature measured by our weather provider?
Discussion on what our weather provider does for soil temperature.
- Corteva Connection Establish (If wanting to push/pull zones)
- Roles and Permissions set
- Invoice Granular Agronomy through Connex
- Fields are in Insights
- Crops Assigned in Activities
- Decision Zones Created or Synced from Corteva
- Field Details Set
- Add New Nitrogen or Planting Events
No, we do not get soil temperature from our weather provider. Because actual soil temperatures are difficult to obtain, soil temperature is estimated from the air temperature using algorithms that use inputs such as minimum and maximum daily temperature, soil radiation, estimated soil moisture, precipitation, and soil information. We have validated this against locations where actual soil temperature is available. The current soil temperature estimates do a reasonably good job of estimating soil temperature, especially in the heart of the growing season.
What is the Granular Crop Model?
Corteva Weather Pillar General Info