How does irrigation affect the Granular Crop Model?
- Corteva Connection Establish (If wanting to push/pull zones)
- Roles and Permissions set
- Invoice Granular Agronomy through Connex
- Fields are in Insights
- Crops Assigned in Activities
- Decision Zones Created or Synced from Corteva
- Field Details Set
- Add New Nitrogen or Planting Events
- Add Irrigation Event
The model essentially treats an irrigation event like a rainfall event. The system can also account for nitrates in irrigation water to lower the need for applied nitrogen. In addition, you can set up fertigation events in the Irrigation service in the web interface.
- If an irrigation event is applied to a crop zone with no irrigation layer in Field360 Studio, the entire enrolled crop zone is treated as irrigated.
- If an irrigation layer exists in Field360 Studio for the crop zone and has both irrigation and dry identified, the system applies the irrigation event only to the areas marked as irrigated and does not apply additional moisture, water nitrates, or fertigation events to the areas marked as dry.
How does the Granular Crop Model track soil moisture?
What is the estimated runoff from rainfall events?