How does irrigation affect the Nitrogen model?
- Farm and Fields created.
- Crop assigned to a field.
- Yield goal set.
- Indicate the field's tiled status.
- Nitrogen plan template created and applied to a field.
- Irrigation layer created in Field360 Studio and an irrigation event created in the web interface.
The model essentially treats an irrigation event like a rainfall event. The system can also account for nitrates in irrigation water to lower the need for applied nitrogen. In addition, you can set up fertigation events in the Irrigation service in the web interface.
- If an irrigation event is applied to a crop zone with no irrigation layer in Field360 Studio, the entire enrolled crop zone is treated as irrigated.
- If an irrigation layer exists in Field360 Studio for the crop zone and has both irrigation and dry identified, the system applies the irrigation event only to the areas marked as irrigated and does not apply additional moisture, water nitrates, or fertigation events to the areas marked as dry.
How does the Nitrogen model track soil moisture?
What is the estimated runoff from rainfall events?