How is planting and VRS data used in the nitrogen simulation?
The nitrogen simulation model includes as-planted and variable rate seeding (VRS) data by default. You can optionally disable including as-planted data.
- Nitrogen simulations are run at a flat or variable rate for the Premium service level. Rate is based on user selection.
Nitrogen determines data to use in the nitrogen model in this order:
1. As-Planted data
The model first looks for and uses as-planted data if it covers at least 90% of the crop zone and includes a planting date, product, and Comparative Relative Maturity (CRM).
- If a crop zone has multiple products or field ops, the model adds them together to see if they reach 90%.
- If there are gaps in the seeding rate, the model uses the crop zone average.
2. Manual planted records
If as-planted data is not available or does not meet the requirements, the model uses manual planting records configured in Field Planner (product is designated as Planted), Seed Placement, or in Field360 Studio. The model uses VRS if it is available; otherwise, it uses flat-rate seeding.
If you have two or more records that satisfy the requirements:
- The model uses the product with the greatest coverage.
- If coverage is equal, the model uses the product with the longest CRM.
- If CRM is equal, the model uses the first product.
3. Default settings
If no other data is available, the model uses the following default data:
- Date: 5/1
- CRM: 105
- Seeding Rate: 32,000
How can I change the seed hybrid used in my nitrogen simulation?
How do I disable as planted data in the nitrogen simulation model?
How do I run a nitrogen simulation?