How do I use the AgStudio Map App to collect soil samples?
Field360 Studio Fertility recommendations may be based on uploaded yield data, yield targets, or soil sample data. The AgStudio Map app is a tool for helping locate soil sample points in the field for the purpose of accurate data collection. This guide walks through how to:
- Download the Ag Studio Map App from the Apple App Store.
- Log in and load the field to be sampled.
- Collect samples.
- Enable iPad location services (GPS).
- Farms and field boundaries created.
- Crop Zones assigned.
- Access to the Fertility menu in Field360 Studio.
- Sampling Crew created and assigned to a work order.
- Encirca Soil Test Layer created.
- Work Order created, linked to a layer, and assigned to a crew.
- A cellular-ready iPad is necessary for GPS to work in the field (see appendix at the bottom of this article).
Download the Ag Studio Map App from the Apple App Store
- Open the Apple App Store on your iPad .
- Select the Search icon located in the lower-right corner .
- Search for the Mapshots AgStudio Map App.
- Click the cloud icon to download
- The AgStudio Map app icon will appear on the iPad's home screen.
Log in and load the field to be sampled
1. Launch the AgStudio Map app from the iPad's home screen .
2. Select your login method:
A. Corteva- Agency (External) - Enter your plantpioneer or granularcorteva email and password.
B. Corteva- Employee & Pioneer Sales Rep- Corteva Employees, Pioneer Sales, and Granular Sales professionals, use your Outlook/Office365/Corteva Fields credentials.
3. Select Login.
4. Follow the instructions on the screen to calibrate the ipad's orientation.
5. Select an Operation from the menu at the left.
6. Select a Farm and Field from the menu at the left.
7. The field is now ready to sample.
- Once the operation, farm, and field are selected, the field loads and sample points are visible.
- The blue dot indicates the sampler's location.
- Note: If the blue dot or red sample points are not visible, skip to Appendix: Enabling iPad Location Services.
- Walk from sample point to sample point and collect samples.
- Optionally, use these tools to manipulate the map. Skip to step 5 if map appearance is sufficient to locate samples.
- Zoom in and out .
- Center the map on the user's location .
- Lock the current location as the center of the map .
- Adjust the transparency of the map .
- Toggle the directed sampling points .
- Toggle the GPS cursor .
- Change the background image .
- Mark a sample location .
- Access Grid tools .
- Note: Grid tools should not be necessary for Encirca Soil Sampling because the Encirca Soil Test Layer connection to the Work Order brings in sample points.
- Turn on or off the visibility of a grid .
- Manually place a point to take a sample .
- Edit the grid placement .
- Edit the grid numbering pattern .
- Trash current work; erase the grid .
- Save grid changes .
- Cancel or close the Grid tools .
- Access Boundary tools .
- Note: Boundary tools should not be necessary for Encirca Soil Sampling because the Encirca Soil Test layer connection to the Work Order brings in field boundaries.
- Draw a new boundary by hand .
- Draw a a boundary via GPS .
- Draw an internal boundary by hand .
- Draw an internal boundary by GPS .
- Edit mode - display all corners to edit boundary .
- Trash current work .
- When using GPS, the play/pause controls GPS recording .
- Once all sampling is complete, use the slider to toggle the job status to Complete .
- Note: Once a job is marked complete, it can no longer be accessed in the AgStudio Map app. A new Work Order would need to be created in Field360 Studio. Select Cancel to abort the complete action.
- Click the gear icon to open options .
- Select Grower Setup to return to the list of domains to choose a new operation, farm, or field.
- Select Logoff to exit the app.
- Submit sample data to the local lab. Consult Area Digital Service Managers for regional best practices.
- Lab results populate in the Encirca Soil Test Layer once analysis is complete
- Soil sample data visible in the Encirca Soil Test Layer is sent to Encirca Fertility.
Appendix: Enabling iPad Location Services
- From the iPad home screen, click the Gear icon to open Settings .
- In the top-left, verify that Cellular Data is active.
- In the top-left, verify that Airplane Mode is off.
- Select Privacy in the menu to the left.
- Select Location Services in the Privacy menu.
- Verify that the slider beside Location Services is toggled on (green).
- Verify that AgStudio MAP app is set to use location data Always or While Using.
- Double-tap the physical Home button on the iPad to exit settings.
- The AgStudio Map app is ready to use GPS data to locate sample points.
How do I set up a Sampling Crew?
How do I Create Soil Test Point Layers?
How do I Customize Soil Test Point Layers?
How do I create a sampling work order?
What are the Standards for Soil Test Analysis?
What are the Soil Test Layer Attribute Standards?