How Do I Create A Test Block (Check Strip) Layer in Field360 Studio?
Check Strips or Test Blocks are regions of a field that are created by users for the purpose of testing any variable, such as seeding rate, treatment, or environmental factors. They are used to set up a treatment analysis, or adjust a variable rate prescription.
Note: If you have a continuous sync with Insights, incorporating a check block into an Encirca Decision Zones (EDZ) layer changes the EDZ in a way that requires a re-pull of the Decision Zone if work has already taken place in Insights VRS or Nitrogen.
- In the Grower window, select the Operation and Crop Year .
- In the Resources window, Expand the farm and select the field from the domain tree .
- Select the Layers menu from the top bar.
- Select Create new layer.
- Select Create new Region Layer.
- In the New Layer window, in the Properties tab, Enter a Name for the layer.
- Under the Content section, change the Layer Type to management Zone using the drop-down menu.
- In the New Layer window, change to the Attributes tab.
- Click Add attribute.
- Attributes are the factor being tested by the test block.
- Attributes appear as column headers in the layer editor.
- In the New Attribute window, name the attribute.
- Change the Data use to Group.
- Click ok.
- Click ok in the New Layer window.
- A blank layer is created under the field level in the Domain Tree in the Resources Window.
- Highlight the new layer in the Domain Tree.
- Click the Layers drop-down menu.
- Select Layer Editor.
- Click on the map inside the field boundary. It will turn 'checkered'.
- Select the Draw a Cutting/Selecting Polygon Icon.
- Left-click once inside the field boundary to begin drawing the test block. Continue clicking until the shape is outlined.
- Double-click to finalize the shape.
- To edit the polygon:
- Click and drag any white square node to modify the boundary .
- Use the diverging arrows to grow or shrink the polygon .
- Use the rounded arrows to rotate the polygon .
- Use the Cross to move the polygon .
- Select the polygon and click Clear the cutting/selecting geometry to delete the polygon.
- Once editing is complete, click cut the selected region.
- In the Layer Editor, in the table below the menu, on the Data tab, enter values for attributes.
- Repeat steps 19 - 24 until all test blocks are created.
- Click Save.
- Close the Layer Editor.
- The new layer is located under the field in the domain tree and the test blocks are defined.
- The layer can be used in other processes, such as:
How do I merge management zone layers with Decision Zone layers?
How do I use Treatment Analysis?