How do I use SSURGO data instead of ERU?
Certified Services Agents or Agronomists may make the agronomic decision to base an customer's nitrogen or fertility recommendations on SSURGO data rather than ERU. To accomplish this, use the Management Zone Wizard in Field360 Studio.
Note: ERU is a Pioneer-researched Environmental Response Unit and is highly recommended. Nitrogen and Fertility are designed around ERU.
- Field boundaries created.
- Crop Zones assigned.
- A management-zone region layer with a labeled group attribute on the field.
- (only required if check blocks are needed)
- An existing Encirca Decision Zones layer under the crop zone.
- Fields enrolled in if work is to be done in Nitrogen, or to use competitive products in Stand.
- In the Grower window, select the Operation and Crop Year.
- In the Resources window, Expand the farm and select the field from the domain tree.
- On the menu bar, select Tools and then Management Zone Wizard.
- Select Soil Layer.
- Select between ERU or Soil Types. Soil Types option is SSURGO.
- After the Manual Decision Zones layer is created and has replaced the existing Encirca Decision Zones layer, proceed to Nitrogen If prescription work has already started, set yield targets and re-apply plans and scenarios to update yield targets.
How do I send test blocks to Encira using the Management Zone Wizard?
How does the quality of ERU compare to SSURGO?
How do I set a yield goal for a field?