How do I link a personal weather station?
You can view your personal weather station’s precipitation data within Nitrogen and Field Planner, and the precipitation data will be used in the Nitrogen model.
Note: At any point you can switch back to The Weather Company (IBM) weather, but IBM precipitation data will not be retroactively ‘restored’ for the days the alternate weather station was selected.
- Farm and Fields created.
- Corn crop assigned to a field.
- Yield goal set.
- Indicate the field's tiled status.
- Find the weather station you wish to use at www.weatherundergound.com
- Enter the zip code near your field's location.
- Click Change.
- Find the weather station ID in parentheses next to the weather station's name.
- In Encirca, click Setup.
- Select Field Setup.
- Click the pencil icon next to the weather station name for the field where a different weather source is desired.
- In the menu on the left click the drop-down menu next to Weather Source.
- Click New Station.
- To change back to IBM weather data, choose IBM from the Weather Source menu.
- Enter the weather station ID from Weather Underground.
- Click Save.
- Click the X in the upper right to exit Setup.
Who is The Weather Company (TWC)?
How do weather stations affect weather for a field?
What impact does a single rainfall event have on nitrogen model?