Advanced Nutrient Recommendation is an extension within the Fertility workflow that allows users to run a calculator on soil sample data to create a nutrient recommendation for a field or fields. You can use Field360 Studio to run scripts by using the Advanced Nutrient Recommendations panel. All scripts that have been preloaded can be accessed here.
1. In the Resources window select your crop zone.
2. Locate the Fertility tab and select Advanced Nutrient Recommendations.
3. Within the Advanced Nutrient Recommendations window click on .
4. will bring up the Nutrient Recommendations Script Editor.
Note: Since you already selected your crop zone, once you bring up the Nutrient Recommendations Script Editor it will already have the crop zone added.
5. Select a calculator in the Pre-Surface tab. The calculators selected in the Pre-Surface tab are nutrient equations run prior to any surfacing of the source layer(s).
6. If the calculator requires a variable for which you do not have a layer (as indicated by the red X), you must choose the manual option and enter the value. Once you choose your source you can then enter your values for each source. See example below.
7. tab, the Surfacing Parameters indicate how soil test site layers should be surfaced. If a surface is not desired, uncheck the option for “Create layer as surface”. However, if a surface is preferred, leave the option checked and enter the desired parameters.
8. tab. Use the Crop Removal option to indicate if you would like to run a maintenance, or crop removal(s), calculator either independently or in conjunction with a build calculator (Pre and/or Post-Surface tabs).
Note: To create a recommendation that includes a crop removal calculation, surfacing must be completed on the resulting layer.
To use Crop Removal:
Note: The cell size entered on the Surfacing tab will be used for the Crop Removal
9. tab. In this tab you can choose to enter a default Layer Name for the recommendation layer. (this will be the name that shows up under the cropzone)
To utilize Opti-Allocate in Nutrient Formulator, you will need to check the box .
10. To Run the script click at the bottom of the window. It will bring you to the Run Script window.
Click to finish running the script.
Related Articles:How do I use Nutrient Formulator to create product recommendations?How do I use opti-allocate in Studio Field 360?