How do I export recommendations to a controller using VRF Export?
Use the VRF Export to convert product recommendations into device-specific files for use as recommendations in various field devices. Each field device has its own set of required information that must be entered during the export process.
- Access to Field360 Studio is required.
- Operation has a cropzone.
- Product Recommendation has been generated for a cropzone.
- Select what level you would like to process your product recommendations from the Domain Tree (Operation, Farm, or Field).
- Click the Fertility tab and select VRF Export from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Select Recommendations button to display the Layer Filters dialog. Use the Scope tab or other filter tabs to determine which recommendations you want to bring in to the VRF Export.
- Click OK.
- This will load all Product Recommendations for the selected Domain. Here we can select which Product Recommendations we would like to export as well as enter or modify the SetPoints, Subtractors, Multipliers, Rounding, Default rate, and Out of Field rate.
- Optional step if you would like to view a Product Recommendation report before you export the RX.
- Select the Product Recommendations and click .
- Click and again on the pop-up window.
- Allow the report to fully generate which can take a few moments.
- Click the to Export Recommendation.
- Here you can Select Configuration (top-left drop-down) that you’ve already created and saved or you can create a new one.
- If a customized configuration has not already been setup, we will create a new one by clicking on the drop-down for Device Formats and selecting the device/monitor the RX will be formatted for.
- Under Settings, you can select Export single rate maps and/or Export zero rate maps. There’s an additional checkbox that says Include all resources. You can select this checkbox if you’re exporting to a controller that also accepts setup information like farm names, field names, etc. It will export all of that information along with the prescription. Grouping further defines the way the prescription is exported. None is the default, but you can also select All, which means all of the selected layers are exported together as if they were one big layer. Or, you can select By Farm, which means the individual layers from each farm are combined, but each farm is exported separately.
- Under Include Reports, you can export with a Map, Summary, or Maps and Summary. Please check the box to Include with Export.
- Under Format, click the Filename Template drop down to select the format that you would like to see the filenames for the exported Product Recommendations.
- Under Raster Options, you can set the raster size for the Product Recommendation that will be exported. The option to Use Rx raster size exports the prescription at the existing raster size. Deselecting that checkbox will re-raster that layer into the default size. Raster polygon Rxs basically means if you have irregularly shaped polygons vs. a set cell size. Rasterings say to take your polygon and surface it (30 foot by 30 foot grid for example) so it can be accepted by the controller.
- Under Send To, click the Please Select Output drop-down to select how you would like to export the Product Recommendation.
- File – export the Product Recommendation as a file to a location (Desktop, folder, USB Drive).
- Folder – export the Product Recommendation to a Folder on your Desktop, location, or USB Drive.
- Email – export the Product Recommendation to a specified email address.
- Encirca Sync Mobile – export the Product Recommendation to the Encirca Sync Mobile Application.
- MyJohnDeere - if growers have third-party integration set up with MyJohnDeere and database is connected, will have option to export the Product Recommendation there.
- Once the Export Manager options have been setup, you can click to save this specific configuration for future use.
- Click the to export the Product Recommendation.