How do I connect my Davis Vantage Pro 2 or Vue weather station to Weather Underground?
Connecting your Davis Vantage Pro 2 or Davis Vue weather station to Weather Underground will allow you to optionally select your own weather station to track weather events used in Nitrogen simulations.
A printable job aid with images is attached at the bottom of this article.
Note: Contact your weather station provider for support or help with your weather station. Granular Support does not provide help with personal weather stations.
- Davis weather station is installed.
- Davis Support installation diagrams and instructions.
- Weatherlink IP device
- Complete installation of your weather station.
- Connect the Weatherlink IP device to the Vantage Vue or Vantage Pro 2 console.
- Connect the Weatherlink IP to the Internet (plug it in to your router).
- Create a free Weatherlink account at www.weatherlink.com.
- Click the Add Devices button at the top right corner of the Weatherlink website
- On the device menu, click the Install button in the WeatherlinkIP section.
- Enter your Station Name. Select the weather station Model. Identify your Station Usage. Enter your Device ID. Enter your device Key.
- Both the Device ID (DID) and Key are found on the sticker attached to the Weatherlink IP device.
- Confirm your station is communication with the Weatherlink website.
- Verify data appears on the website.
- Helpful Tip: If no data appears, power cycle the display console after connecting the Weatherlink IP device.
- Create a free account on the Weather Underground website: www.wunderground.com.
- Click Sensor Network on the Weather Underground home page.
- Select Connect a Weather Station in the drop-down menu.
- If there are other weather stations connected already, you may have to scroll to the bottom of the page to locate the Add a New PWS button.Click Add a New PWS (personal weather station).
- Identify your weather station’s location using the map and click Verify Location.
- Enter required information and click Submit.
- If done correctly, this will generate a Weather Station ID and a Station Key. Write down both the Station ID and Station Key from Weather Underground.
- Return to the Weatherlink website and click the Share & Uploads button.
- Click the Upload button and enter the weather station information from Weather Underground.
- Click Add Upload .
- Select Weather Underground from the drop-down list.
- Enter the necessary information and click Upload.
- Navigate back to the Weather Underground website to verify that your Davis station is communicating with Weather Underground.
How do I link a personal weather station?
How do weather stations affect weather for a field?