How do I use Nutrient Formulator to create product recommendations?
Use the Nutrient Formulator to convert nutrient recommendations into product recommendations. You can load nutrient recommendations layers for a single crop zone or even an entire grower into the Nutrient Formulator for conversion.
- Access to Field360 Studio is required.
- Operation has a cropzone.
- Nutrient Recommendation has been generated for a cropzone.
- Select what level you would like to process your nutrient recommendations from the Domain Tree (Operation, Farm, or Field).
- Locate the Fertility tab and select Nutrient Formulator.
- Click the Select Recommendations button to display the Layer Filters dialog. Use the Scope tab or other filter tabs to determine which recommendations you want to bring in to the Nutrient Formulator.
- Click OK.
- This will load all Nutrient Recommendations for the selected Domain. There is a little plus sign in front of the recommendations where you can open it up to see what nutrients are included. You can also uncheck anything you don’t want included here.
- Optional steps if you would like to account for an earlier application applied.
- You many need to account for other applications either planned or already applied. You will do this on the Other Applications Click Add to display the Edit Application menu. If your application is flat (or fixed) rate, leave your source as Manual. For this you will select the product that was or will be applied from the drop-down list and then you will enter the rate of application. Enter any Comments.
- Click OK.
- If the additional application you want to account for is variable rate, you will choose the source as either Map Preferred or Map Required. If you selected Map Preferred you’re going to have to define the flat rate application that should be used and also specify the layer where a variable rate application can be found. If you select Map Required, you will need to indicate the layer where the application information can be found.
- Click OK.
- Click on the Products
- Select the Identifiers (Products) you are to formulate for the Product Recommendations.
- Enter and SetPoints, Subtractors, Multipliers, and Rounding
- You can save these settings (identifiers/products & setpoints) as a Blend Group for future use by click the Save As button at the top of the tool.
- Click on the Send To tab and enter a Layer name.
- If you’re going to immediately make it ready for export to a controller, click the checkbox next to VRF Export. If not, please leave it un-checked.
- Click Formulate . This will create a layer in your Product Recommendation domain tree. If you chained this to the VRF Export, it will automatically open after the layer is created.