How do I use opti-allocate in Field360 Studio?
The Opti-Allocate feature is an algorithm that optimizes the placement of fertilizer across one or more fields when there are budget limitations that prevent applying all the fertilizer that is recommended.
It optimizes for both P and K, and requires one or more fertilizers that deliver only P and one or more that deliver only K. It also optimizes by applying the fertilizer to areas of greatest projected revenue as the top priority.
- Farms, fields, and crop zones created.
- Know the commodity being harvested, a yield goal, and the price per unit.
- Created a nutrient recommendation layer via the Advanced Nutrient Recommendation extension.
- In Advanced Nutrient Recommendations, you must check the "Check to save all attributes in the layer" checkbox on the General tab.
1. Open the Fertility Tab
2. Select Nutrient Formulator from the drop-down list.
3. Open the Products tab.
4. Check the Opti-Allocate checkbox. .
The algorithm checks to ensure that all requirements are met. If not, a warning message displays.
- Click the View Opti-Allocate Requirements button if requirements are not met to display the full list of requirements along with an indication of which requirements are missing:
5. Click on the requirements window and correct any warnings.
6. When the warning message is gone (or if there was not a warning message), click Save Product Prices .
Note: The prices are added to the product and display in the associated editor (for example, the Fertilizer Editor located in the Setup menu) and also display on the Product Recommendation Map Report that you can generate through the Report Books extension.
- If you choose not to save product prices, changes to the prices are only used for formulation and are only preserved in the formulator window for the current session.
7. Click the Formulate icon to validate all of the Opti-Allocate requirements.
Note: If any requirement is not met, the Requirements dialog automatically displays. You can choose to formulate without Opti-Allocate or exit to correct missing requirements.