Variable Rate Fertility: A Step-by-Step Guide
Use the Fertility menu in Field360 Studio to create nutrient and product recommendations for your field or fields. You can export product recommendations to a controller and build fertility reports for your growers.
- First you will need to determine if you will use a calculator that is pre-loaded into Field360 Studio, such as the Iowa, Illinois, Tri-State, or Custom calculators, or if you want to upload a user-created calculator.
- Then you will use the Advanced Nutrient Recommendation extension in the Fertility menu. This will run a calculator on your soil sample data using settings you can save as a Script.
- If you have a saved Script for your nutrient calculator, you can run it immediately.
- If you do not have a saved Script, you will need to create one.
- While creating a script you can opt to "save all attributes in layer", which will be useful if utilizing the Opti-Allocate feature.
- After created your nutrient recommendation, you can use the Nutrient Formulator extension to formulate your nutrient needs into a product recommendation.
- In this step you can also create Opti-Allocate settings.
- Product recommendations can be exported to controllers, saved to local files, or emailed to recipients of your choosing.
- Finally, you can build fertility report books for customers.
Note: In Field360 Studio you can link one extension to the next through a process called chaining. This is an efficiency that eliminates the need to load data for each extension. You can chain one extension to the next by clicking the checkbox next to the extension name in the Send To frame.