How do I create a Fertility Recommendation from zone based soil samples?
Users can create a Fertility Recommendation from soil samples taken by zones/ polygons.
- Access to Field360 Studio
- Farms, Fields and Cropzones created
- Encirca Soil Test Layer with data
1. Select the desired base layer containing the zones you want to utilize within the Domain Tree. Such as Soil Types, ERU or Decision Zones.
2. Click Tools from the menu bar and select Intersect Two Layers
3. Merge Layers window will appear. The Base Layer will populate to the layer you previously selected in the domain tree. Select the Data Layer you wish to merge. Typically this will be your Encirca Soil Test Layer.
4. Populate the New Layer Name with a desired layer name. Click OK
5. The Surface Points Window will appear. Choose to surface the point values and utilize an average of the raster cell values or to utilize an average of the point values that exist within a polygon boundary.
Your new Zone Layer containing sample data will appear in the domain tree
6. Residing on the newly created layer, select Layers from the menu bar and click Layer Editor.
7. Select the Properties Tab. Change the “Layer Type” to “Soil Test.”
(You may want to populate Lab and sampling date information. Undesired attributes can be deleted from the Attributes tab of Layer Editor.)
8. Click Save when you are finished.
9. Within Advanced Nutrient Recommendations, under Pre-Surface tab, ensure that the layer being utilized for the soil test variables is the region based soil test layer.