Once a Variable Rate Seeding Recommendation has been created within Field 360 Studio, you can use Variable Rate Seed Editor (VRS Editor) to edit the recommendation by polygon or bulk assignment.
1. With the Seed Proposal highlighted in the domain tree, from the menu bar click Seeding and select VRS Editor.
2. The VRS Editor Window will appear. The hybrid or variety name will appear at the top of the column with seeding rates by polygon below.
Note: If you click on the variety or hybrid name, you have the ability to sort low to high or high to low. From the map you can click the polygon you wish to change, notice the matching row in the data column is highlighted.
3. Double-click the cell containing the rate you wish to update to make it editable; type in the new value. To see the update in the map view, you must click on any other item on the form, or use the arrow keys to move to a different cell.
To edit seeding values in bulk, click on the seeding rate within the column you wish to update, then while holding down the CTRL button on your keyboard, select the the other seeding rates within the editor. Once you have made your selection, release the CTRL button.
4. Once you have selected your seeding rates to update, click on the Assign an Attribute value button.
5. The Bulk Assignment window will appear. Verify that the correct Attribute (Variety or Hybrid) is selected. The Use Selected check box will be checked. Select the drop down menu for which Operation you wish to perform:
Value- the cell (s) are replaced by the entered valueMultiply- the current value of each cell is multiplied by the entered valueDivide- the current value of each cell is divided by the entered valueAdd- the entered value is added to the cell(s) current valueSubtract- the entered value is subtracted from the cell(s) current value
6. In the Value box, enter the value to perform the operation you selected and click ok.
Note: The Use Unselected checkbox should only be checked if you want to update the zones within the field that you did not previously select.
7. When you are finished with your changes, click the Save button.
Note: There are other tools within the VRS editor such as cutting, joining regions and splitting regions. Please see the VRS Editor Help to learn more.