How do I convert a Granular Nitrogen Product Rec into a Nitrogen Recommendation?
As of Spring 2021, Granular Nitrogen supports exporting nitrogen recommendations in units of product, but not yet in lbs of nitrogen. Granular Crop Model models 100-0-0 to match anhydrous (NH3) product recommendations. For other products, conversion is necessary.
This article outlines how to convert a Granular Nitrogen product recommendation to lbs of N.
- Variable-rate nitrogen prescription created and exported from Granular Nitrogen in generic shapefile format.
Task 1: Import Layers into Field360
- Open Field360 Studio.
- Load a specific grower in the grower window.
- Open the Layers menu.
- Select Layer Import.
- Choose Layer Type: Product Recommendation (top-left 'files' section).
- Choose the spatial linking option that meets your needs:
- 'All grower fields' or 'selected fields' to save to the field level.
- 'All grower cropzones' or 'selected cropzones' to save to the cropzone level.
- Select Add File to search for file.
- You can alternatively search for a folder that contains recommendations with identical attributes.
- Select the generic shapefile prescription through windows explorer and click ok to load.
- In the layer import window, open the template drop-down (top-right).
- Select the template, saved to the 'all' domain - accessible to all users - to match your product recommendation:
- 28% Granular Nitrogen Import
- 30% UAN Granular Nitrogen Import
- 32% UAN Granular Nitrogen Import
- Note: This maps the product attribute to a 100-0-0 product. Field360 Studio converts the rates correctly through the layer importer.
- Click upload to import layers.
- Close the layer importer.
Task 2: Use VRF Export to convert rates
- Select the imported product recommendation layer or a level of the domain tree to prepare to export the recommendation(s).
- Open the Fertility menu.
- Select VRF Export.
- Click select recommendations .
- If you have selected the imported product rec in the domain tree, it will now load.
- If you selected a field, farm, or grower in the domain tree, use the layer filters window to select your recs.
- In the VRF Export window, add the appropriate multiplier:
Liquid Fertilizer Product Multiplier (lbs. N / gal)
2.9876 UAN 30% 3.2580 UAN 32% 3.5456
- Optionally, click assign product setpoints to set the multiplier for all.
- After assigning multipliers, click export recommendation to proceed to the export manager.
- In the Export Manager, export the prescription files:
- Select a device format.
- Optionally, choose grouping.
- Optionally, choose reports to include.
- If required, select a file name format.
- Select a send to option for receiving Rx files.
- Click Export to save files to the 'send-to' destination.
- Workflow: Granular Agronomy + Nitrogen
- How do I pull Decision Zones from Field360™ Studio into Granular Agronomy + Nitrogen?
- How do I View and Edit Variable Rate Nitrogen Events?
- How do I Export a Nitrogen Recommendation?