How Do I Edit Precipitation Events?
The Granular Crop Model uses weather data to calculate nitrogen levels and generate nitrogen prescriptions. By default, this comes from IBM, and includes:
- Temperature (min, max)
- Solar radiation
We can customize the source of precipitation data by manually editing weather events.
(To link a personal weather station from Weather Underground, see these instructions.)
- Grower created in Granular Insights/Agronomy.
- Permissions set: all non-Viewer roles can edit the PWS entry (the Agronomy permission is not factored into edit access).
- Planting and Nitrogen events placed.
- Nitrogen simulation ran.
- Log into Granular Agronomy and open the Events Tab.
- Click the Projected N icon to view simulation details.
- In the left-hand menu, open Additional Details.
- Click Edit Field Details.
- Check Edit Precipitation.
- Open the drop-down menu to choose a precipitation event by date.
- Edit precipitation amount in inches.
- Note: We can edit events where Granular Agronomy received precipitation information. To add rainfall when there is no precipitation recorded, add an irrigation event from the field list.
- Click Save to apply changes.
- A Nitrogen simulation runs automatically. The season chart appears faded and a processing circle covers the field map.
- After N-sim completes, hover over the changed date to view the edited precipitation event. Note that the source is now "pws."
Workflow: Granular Nitrogen
Who Is The Weather Company?
How Do I use a Personal Weather Station with Granular Agronomy?
What Role Should I have In Granular Insights?
How Do I View and Sort the Fields List Page?
How Do I Edit Field Details?
How Do I View the Season Chart, VT/R1 Map, Field Nitrogen Performance and Run Simulations?