What weather input data is changing in Granular Nitrogen?
What is changing?
- Daily precip & temp data from Corteva Weather Pillar (previously IBM)
- Daily solar radiation data from NASA and Corteva Weather Pillar (previously IBM)
- 20 year Historical weather from Corteva Weather Pillar (previously Granular Weather Service)
What is not changing?
- 8-Day forecast will continue to come from IBM
How do you benefit?
- More Localized Weather Data: CSAs can now access weather data more tailored to their fields.
- Consistent Data Across Applications: CSAs will leverage the same weather data across all Corteva tools.
Comparison of 20 year historical weather data
20 years of historical weather data is used for long-term weather forecasting
- Minimal differences in temperature
- Min temp 0.25 Degrees C higher in Corteva Weather Pillar
- Max temp 0.05 Degrees C higher in Corteva Weather Pillar
- Almost no median precipitation differences
- Solar radiation slightly lower in Corteva Weather Pillar