How Do I Use Imported VRS Rx files from Granular Insights in Field360 Studio?
We can import shapefiles into Field360 Studio as layers and manipulate or edit them in that program. Reasons for doing this include:
- Converting a Granular Insights VRS Rx in seeds/acre to lbs/acre using the VRS Export tool.
- Note: lbs/acre VRS Rx export is a future enhancement but is not available in Granular Insights as of 04/15/2022
- Documenting VRS Rx history in Studio by saving content as layers in the domain tree.
- Editing the Rx using the Layer Editor or Seed Recommendation Editor.
We encourage you to explore our streamlined Variable Rate Seeding tools through Granular Insights:
- Field360 Studio access.
- Varieties from the Rx added to the grower in Field360 Studio under Setup > Seed
- VRS Rx generated and exported from Granular Insights Activities or Corteva Fields.
Part 1: Import Layers With Appropriate VRS Attributes
- Export the layers as Shapefile from Fields or Insights (see links in prerequisites).
- Open the Layers drop-down menu.
- Select Layer Import
- Set Layer Type = Seed Recommendation
- Click Add File, search for shapefile Rx on your machine, click ok
- Set a descriptive distinct Layer Name.
- Add "Map To" Attribute.
- Data Use = Seed Rate
- Unit = Seed/Acre
- Name = The exact variety name, matching the variety name under Setup > Seed and the file.
- Apply the new attribute by clicking "Map To"
- Pick Variety Name
- Repeat 7-9 as necessary
Note: If you only need the layers to exist in Studio, or, to export to a monitor that supports shapefiles, you may stop here. You could choose to export any layers through layer export, which recognizes the layers, rather than VRS export, which requires the unique Seed Proposal structure, then manually place them in a folder labeled "Rx." See the ISU monitor guide for instructions on managing prescription files for specific monitors.
Part 2: Create Seed Proposal FieldOp
- Optionally, use Layer > Layer Editor to edit content.
- Once done editing the layers, click on the Op, Farm, or Field on the domain you want to run.
- Click Seeding > Advanced Seed Rate Recommendations
- Click New Script
- Click the Open Folder in the tool bar
- Use "Advanced Seed Rate Script Editor"
- Click Ok
- Under the Crop Zones tab, select the Crop and Commodity
- Under the Layers tab, select the name of the layer that you created for the Seeding RXs (from Layer Import). We are passing the layer through unchanged as a seed proposal.
- Click Run
- Method: Add missing varieties
- Action: Apply only to varieties with no VRS recommendations
- Click OK
- Click Close.
- Tip: You could save this as a script for later with "save as."
- The script will create Seed Proposals for those CZs:
Part 3: Export VRS Rx Files
- Select a level of the domain tree to export, then open Seeding> VRS Export
- Click Export Recommendation (The yellow barrel).
- Select the monitor under Device Formats
- Optionally, Include map or summary reports
- For shapefile formats only, chose a filename template
- Optionally, to convert from seeds/acre to another unit, click Edit Product and set the conversion rate.
- Select a Send To option to determine where to receive your files.
- VRS FAQ (General, Field360, Corteva Fields)
- How Do I Import a Shapefile Satellite Imagery Export from Insights?
- How Do I Create a Multi-Hybrid VRS Recommendation?
- Using Advanced Seed Rate Recommendations: A step-by-step guide
- How Do I Edit Variable Rate Seeding Recommendations in Field360 Studio.