Field360 Studio Updates With Windows Defender "Unrecognized Publisher" Warning
Because the Granular certification with Microsoft was recently renewed in March 2022, you may experience a warning when you update Field360 Studio:
"Windows Protected Your PC: Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting running this app..."
There is some variation in how different Windows versions and web browsers present this information, but the principles for working around the warnings are the same:
- Verify that the warning is about a program you trust.
- Click the option to display more information.
- Click the option to proceed with the download or install.
- Verify that the App name is what you expect (i.e., Studio_25.##.XXX.X.exe) and the Publisher is Granular, Inc. If it is not, click "Don't Run."
- If the App and Publisher are correct, you may have to click Show More or More Info.
- Click Run Anyway.
- Check your computer's downloads folder for the Studio....exe installer and right-click > Run as admin to begin the update. If the studio installer is not present, proceed to step 5.
- Your internet browser (such as Chrome, Edge, or Explorer) may present similar warnings. If this is the case, you might not see the installer on your computer
- Open your browser.
- Type (Ctrl + J) to open the browser's downloads queue. Check for similar warnings.
- Click through until you get to Keep and Keep or Run Anyway.
- Now that you have successfully downloaded the installer, return to step 4 to run the application.