How Do I Create A Custom Nitrogen Product?
In addition to a comprehensive list of pre-generated nitrogen and fertilizer products, users can also add custom products for Nitrogen simulation.
What are the differences in a Custom Fertilizer and a Custom Mix?
Custom Fertilizer - This is a new product with a fully customizable nutrient composition. The user must provide specific information related to the form of Nitrogen within a custom product (Ex: urea (CH₄N₂O), nitrate (NO3) or ammonium (NH4)) in order for it to include all products in the simulation.
Custom Mix - This is a blend of two existing fertilizer products. The mix must contain at least one Nitrogen supported fertilizer designated with the "Nitrogen Supported" badge. If a Custom Mix includes only unsupported products, then it will fail to simulate. If a mix includes one supported N product and one unsupported N product, it will simulate, but will not include the unsupported product.
- Grower invoiced and enrolled in Nitrogen.
- Zones created.
- Yield Goals set.
- Planting Product information set.
- Log in to Granular Agronomy
- Open the Nitrogen tab
- Select Add Event on a field row
- In the Product drop-down menu, begin typing. Ex: "Cust..." for "custom"
- A dialogue appears.
- Click Add Custom Product.
- Choose product type: Mix or Fertilizer.
- Note: See the overview at the top of this article for the differences between a "Mix" and a "Fertilizer."
- Name your custom product.
- Select a Category.
- Optionally, enter a manufacturer name and regulation number.
- Fill out Nutrient Composition.
- Click Add Nutrient to add other micronutrients beyond N, P, and K.
- Click Save Product when complete.
- Back at the New Fertilizer Event window, search again for your custom product in the Products drop-down.
- Fill out the rest of the Fertilizer Event form as usual.
- Workflow: Granular Nitrogen
- How do I Create Zones and MYYA Layers?
- How do I Edit Field Details: Yield Goal, Soil Depth, Prev. Crop, and Tiled Status?
- How do I add new Planting or Nitrogen Events?
- How do I use As-Planted Data With Granular Nitrogen?
- How do I Create a Manure Application in Granular Nitrogen?
- How do I Export Nitrogen Recommendations?